Fengze wang1#, Fangchong Du1#, Jiao Wen2#, Bo Qiao3, Rui Zhao3, Haifeng Meng4, Mingfang Shu5, Xun Chen*1
Received: September 06, 2018; Published: September 17, 2018
*Corresponding author: Xun Chen, Department of stomatology, The316th Hospital of Chinese People's Liberation Army, No. A2 Niangniangfu, Xiangshan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Better adjacency is of significant importance to the function of teeth. The disruption of teeth adjacency would cause food impaction, dental caries and periodontal problems. Many cases, adjacent alveolar bone absorption result in food level impaction. Long-time food accumulation in gingival triangle zone can lead to teeth defect below the adjacent gingival. The bottom of the defect is difficult to see clearly, bringing great trouble of application of matrix system. Unreasonable placement of matrix piece will prone to appear resin overhanging, pressing the gingival. Hence, we summarized a modified "re-bending of Dentsply matrix piece pushing gingival"; method to restore teeth defect below the adjacent gingival efficiently.
Better contact relationship of teeth is crucial to the teeth function. The purpose of resin restoration is to re-form the adjacency of the teeth and to ensure no marginal overhang existence [1,2]. Often, the adjacent alveolar bone absorption will cause horizontal food disease below the adjacent gingival [3,4]. The big problem is that we are difficult to see clearly the bottom of defect.
• Step 1: Unproper resin restoration showing in the radiograph.
• Step 2: After removing the unproper resin restoration, the tooth defect area is covered by the gingiva.
• Step3: Inflamed gingival contraction using gingival retraction cord. Application of a layer of flowing resin to the gingival retraction cord.
• Step 4, 5: Application of curing light (Coltolux LED) to cure flowable resin. This will indirectly reflect the shape of the decay on the root surface below the gingiva.
• Step 6: Re-bending matrix piece following the shape of step 5.
• Step 7: Placement of re-bended matrix piece and restore the defect area using resin.
• Step 8: The radiograph after resin restoration. The results of the restoration are as expected.
Rubber dam is the important tool to restore the teeth defect. However, there will be a limited population featured as restricted mouth opening, allergic to rubber dam and intolerance to long-time mouth opening. We couldn't apply rubber dam to these population. Hence, we create a modified "re-bending of Dentsply matrix piece pushing gingival" method to restore the defect more quickly. We rebend the Dentsply matrix piece based on the shape of the defect area. Next, we apply the Dentsply matrix system to push the gingival to the subgingival defect section (Figures 1-3).
Repairing the subgingival teeth defect is a very difficult affair This reformative method combined with Dentsply matrix system could assist doctors to restore the complicate caries relatively more easily. It could repair the subgingival tooth defect of special population better and faster.
We express our great gratitude to Jianhua Wei for his help.