info@biomedres.us   +1 (720) 414-3554   One Westbrook Corporate Center, Suite 300, Westchester, IL 60154, USA   Site Map
ISSN: 2574 -1241

Impact Factor : 0.548

  Submit Manuscript

Research ArticleOpen Access

In vitro Performance of Cobas 4800 HPV Test in Females of Lodz Region, Poland

Volume 7 - Issue 1

Beata Smolarz1*, Jan Bieńkiewicz2, Bartosz Kulig3, Krzysztof Szyłło3 and Hanna Romanowicz1

  • Author Information Open or Close
    • 1Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Department of Pathology, Institute of Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital, Poland
    • 2Department of Surgical, Endoscopic and Oncologic Gynaecology, Institute of Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital, Polan
    • 3Department of Operative Gynaecology, Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital - Research Institute, Poland

    *Corresponding author: Beata Smolarz, Laboratory of Cancer Genetics, Department of Pathology, Institute of Polish Mother’s Memorial Hospital, Rzgowska 281/289, 93-338 Lodz, Poland

Received: June 14, 2018;   Published: July 18, 2018

DOI: 10.26717/BJSTR.2018.07.001434

Full Text PDF

To view the Full Article   Peer-reviewed Article PDF

Abstract

Background: Although screening algorithm has introduced an efficient tool to tackle cervical cancer, both morbidity and mortality in this disease are still a major concern in medicine. It has been already proven that Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection promotes the development of precancerous lesions and eventually leads to cervical cancer. This study aimed at analysis of the prevalence of high risk HPV DNA (HR HPV) in females of Lodz region, central Poland.

Methods: In this study we employed Cobas 4800 HPV test to detect the HR HPV in 240 cervical smear samples.

Results: 48 patients (20%) proved to be positive regarding HPV-16 DNA and 32 patients (13%)-regarding HPV-18 DNA. In overall assessment, in 80 patients (33%) we have detected oncogenic HPV subtypes, other than the two abovementioned.

Conclusion: Cobas 4800 HPV test is a viable, effective, easy and quick tool in detecting high risk HPV DNA.

Keywords: HPV; Cervical Cancer; Genotyping

Abstract | Background | Materials and Methods | Discussion | Results | Conclusion | Declarations | Acknowledgement | References |